Who Can Help Defend Charges Alleging Violations of the Fire Code?
Swalm Paralegal Professional Corporation o/a DefendCharges.ca May Be Available to Help Defend Fire Code Charges.
A Helpful Guide on How to Defend Violations of the Fire Code and Fire Prevention and Protection Act
A charge that alleges a failure to comply with the Fire Code, O. Reg. 213/07, among other regulations to, or sections of, the Fire Protection and Prevention Act, 1997, S.O. 1997, Chapter 4, may bring significant penalties including very substantial fines as well as a possibiltity of up to one-year imprisonment. Accordingly, Fire Code charges should be taken very seriously.
Example Types of Cases Handled
Among others, Swalm Paralegal Professional Corporation o/a DefendCharges.ca fights various Fire Code charges such as:
- Fail to remove buildings or structures from the land or premises;
- Fail to make structural and other repairs or alterations, including material alterations, to the buildings or structures;
- Fail to remove combustible or explosive material or any thing that may constitute a fire hazard;
- Fail to install and use specified equipment or devices as may be necessary to contain hazardous material on the land or premises and, in the event of a fire, to remove or transport the material;
- Fail to discontinue the manufacturing, production or fabrication of any material, device or other thing that creates or poses an undue risk of fire or explosion; and
- Fail to do anything respecting fire safety including anything relating to the containment of a possible fire, means of egress, fire alarms and detection, fire suppression and the preparation of a fire safety plan;
If you are charged with a Fire Prevention and Protection Act violation, or related offence, then you need effective legal advocacy and reputation management. Swalm Paralegal Professional Corporation o/a DefendCharges.ca will help you to review your various options and to determine a prudent defence strategy.